Octopus with borlotti beans
Member recipe by gmcshane
My version of a piquant savoury tapa I was served in a bar in Spain. It's quick to make as an evening meal.
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 green or red peppers, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pinch oregano
- 1 410g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 410g tins borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 120g tins octopus, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper
- Heat olive oil on a moderate heat. Fry peppers first for several minutes, then add onions and garlic and continue frying for several minutes
- Add beans to mix, followed by tomatoes, salt, pepper, cayenne, oregano and thyme. Stir to mix, cover and turn burner to low.
- Simmer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cut any overly large octopus pieces into several smaller chunks.
- Stir octopus into borlotti beans and simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle on parsley and serve with rice. I prefer brown basmati