KATIE'S HEALTHY PASTA DISH
Member recipe by katiebluebell
Its a heatly pasta dish with everything you need. It includes protien, vegtables, carbohydrates and is a balanced diet. Its not just healthy its delicious
- 120g pasta
- 75g chicken sliced
- 75g bacon finely cut
- 20g plain flour
- 25g soft margarine
- 250ml milk
- 50g cheddar chesse grated
- 50g brocoli
- 50g sweetcorn
- 50g peas
- 20g bread crumbs
- gather all the ingrediants and have them out, also check your equitment that you need is ready to use
- Prehear your oven to 200C/gas 6
- boil a saucepan of water then add the pasta
- boil another saucepan and add the peas and the brocoli allowing them to boil for a few minutes
- in a saucepan melt the butter over a medium heat then add the flour. Stir well with a wooden spoon
- Gradually add the milk stirring constantly. The mixture is now called a bechamel sauce. Simmer and stir the bechamel sauce until it is smooth and lumpless
- add 2/3 of the grated cheese into the sauce amd stir until it is smooth. Then remove the saucepan from the heat.
- now add a small amount of oil into a frying pan and fry the finely sliced bacon and chicken on a high tempreture.
- drain the pasta then pour the white sauce onto it and add the vegtables and meat onto it.
- now place the pasta dish into an oven-proof dish (18x18) and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and bread-crumbs. Place into oven and cook for 15-20mintues until golden brown.