Spicy Indian Potatoes
Member recipe by kefalonia
Low-Fat Indian Spiced Potato Wedges cooked in the oven. I always serve these when we're having an Indian BBQ & they'll happily sit in the oven for a bit longer if necessary.
- 2 large potatoes-peeled & cut into wedges
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tsp black onion seeds
- 1tsp black mustard seeds
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small chilli-seeded & finely shredded-(optional)
- 1cm piece of root ginger-grated
- 1tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 200c/fan 160c/gas 6
- Bring the potatoes to the boil, simmer for 6mins & drain well.
- While the potatoes are boiling, heat the oil in a small pan over a medium heat, add the onion, mustard & cumin seeds & fry till popping.
- Take the pan off the heat, add the rest of the ingredients, stir & pour this over the drained potatoes. Stir very gently until all the wedges are coated in the seeded oil
- Place the wedges onto a baking tray well spaced apart & cook uncovered for 35mins, then turn & cook for a further 30mins or until golden & crispy