Cherry Mahlepi muffins
Member recipe by mariannaf
The mahlepi is the real magical ingredient in these cherry muffins.
- 100gr butter, softened
- 100gr brown sugar + some for sprinkling at the end
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- 130gr flour
- 1.5 teaspoons ground mahlepi
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Cherries, unpitted, diced
- Preheat oven to 180C. In a bowl, mix the eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla and rosewater. Then add the flour, mahlepi, baking powder and salt. Mix well until batter is smooth.
- Add the diced cherries and mix the batter gently with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Fill up muffin moulds up 3/4 full, sprinkle some brown sugar on top and bake for 20 minutes at 180C. Once baked, let cool and enjoy