Member recipe by sadiemay87
- 1 tsp butter or 1 tbsp oil
- 200g risotto rice
- 750ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g asparagus, diagonally sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 50ml white wine (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Heat the butter or oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion for two minutes. Add the asparagus and cook for a further three minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and stir continuously for two minutes.
- Add the wine (if using) and stir until it has been absorbed. Then add a ladle of stock and stir until almost absorbed. Keep ladling in the stock and stirring continuously until it has almost all been absorbed and the rice is tender (about twenty minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in a little more butter if you want a creamier texture. Serve warm.