Member recipe by mrselsiee
- for soup -
- 4 large beef tomatoes
- 1 large carton tomato juice
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- for topping -
- diced cucumber
- finely diced red onion
- Take your toms and score at the top and place in a saucepan to blanch until the skins start to peel off gently
- Rinse off in cold water and leave to cool.
- In the meantime - roughly chop 1/2 a red onion, chop your garlic clove and add the olive oil, vinegar and seasoning into a blender and whizz until smooth.
- When the toms are cool - peel off the skins; take out the core and add to the mix in the blender. Blend again until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the tomato juice slowly. Mix thoroughly. then cover in cling-film and leave over night.
- After approx 8 hours your gaspatcho should have set and be a rich, garlicky soup.