Julia's Lemon Cheesecake
Member recipe by juliaclaxton
A very low fat, really healthy, deliciously sharp lemon cheesecake which is good to your tastebuds, your waistline and your heart.
- For the cheese:
- 250g tub of virtually fat free cottage cheese (eg Langley Farm from Asda)
- 500g tub of Total 2% (from Asda - for no fat use Total 0% but less creamy taste)
- 28g Cornflour
- 2 level tsp Canderel
- 1 sachet Hartley's lemon & lime sugar free jelly
- 3 lemons - peeled with pith and segment lining removed - can be a bit fiddly but worth it
- For the crumb base:
- 2 McVities Digestive Lights biscuits (from their 'new lowest ever saturated fat' range)
- 4 McVities Rich Tea Lights biscuits (from their 'new lowest ever saturated fat' range)
- 28g Bran Flakes
- blend the cottage cheese until smooth and put aside. Blend the lemons until smooth and put aside.
- To make the cheese part, mix together the cottage cheese, the Total, the cornflour, the liquifide lemon and the Canderel in a mixer or by hand.
- dissolve the jelly in up to 150ml of just boiled water. Using less boiled water and then topping up to the 150ml will help the cheesecake cool quicker.
- pour the jelly mixture into the cheese mixture and mix well with mixer or by hand - it can be a bit splashy!
- For the base - grind the biscuits and bran flakes into crumbs and then line your serving dish with these. Press them down gently.
- Spoon the mixture carefully onto the crumbs and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours. Serve with 2% Total to contract the sharpness of the lemon and add canderel to the 2% if you want a sweeter taste.
- To make a blackcurrant cheesecake using sijmilar method see Julia's B'currant Cheesecake.