Portuguese Pea Rice
Member recipe by kashusha
Great as a side for any meat dish. Good and filling on it's own as well as a vegetarian dish.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 unit of rice (I usually use mug)
- 2.5 the same units of water
- 2 units of frozen garden peas
- salt to taste
- Pre heat medium hob. Pour in olive oil and heat it up. Pour in rice and fry constantly stirring, while at least half of the rice turns white from transparent. (Don't worry if if some of rice turns brownish.)
- Add all water. Be careful and stand as far back, as possible from hob while doing it, as there will be cloud of hot steam from oil. Stirr well and as soo rice starts boiling, add peas.
- When it's start boiling again, reduce heat and gently simmer until it's cooked, stirring ocasionally.
- Serve hot with any type of cooked meat or burgers. Can be served as healthier alternative to fries. :)