Toasted Bread with Egg
Member recipe by articook
This recipe can be made for breakfast or dinner. We use toasted bread and we add alot of green onion, omlette and mustard sauce . And of couse that is served with green salad.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cups heavy cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 6, 7 pieces green onion
- green salad
- slices of bread
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, the chopped onion and let it cook until the onion is soft. Beat the eggs and pour them over the onion, stir from time to time, add salt and pepper but don`t over cook the omlette cause if you do it`s gonna come out too dry .
- Add the slices of bread on a oven grill , as much as it can fit. Put them in the preheated oven at 300F and choose the ventilation setting so you can toast the bread( let the bread in the oven until it changes the color, not to much though )
- In a small skillet add the mustard and after 1 minute add the heavy cream.Stirr them using a wood spoon and after 2 minutes is done. Pour the sauce in a serving bowl.
- When the toast is done, take it out of the oven and add omlette on every slice .Then add 2,3 tablespoons of sauce and add shredded cheese. Then place again the slices in the oven , at the same temperature and keep them in there until the cheese melts and it changes its color.
- Wash the green salad and place it in a serving big bowl and sprinkle a little heavy cream on top. Serve the bread immediately after taking them out of the oven.