Chocolate Chip Cookies
Member recipe by cazandjay
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Cookies
a fantastic cookie recipe, these delicious cookies are almost cakes, with a lovely soft texture that melts in your mouth, you will have the adults and children coming back for more!!!
- 200g softened butter
- 300g soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 300g self raising flour
- 80g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g choc chips
- preheat oven to 180 c/ gas 4
- cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in vanilla extract and eggs
- in a separate bowl sift flour, cocoa and baking powder together
- add flour mix to the creamed mix in stages( a third at a time) mix well. fold in choc chips until just combined.
- spoon a tablespoon of the mixture on to a baking tray and just let it drop off the spoon, repeat until you have used up all the cookie mixture.
- bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes, when you remove the cookies from the oven they will still be soft, leave to cool completely on the baking tray, where they will continue to cook slightly,when completely cold move to a cooling rack. then enjoy Mmmmmmmm.