Chicken with coconut curry
Member recipe by lilianw101
- 10 chicken wings or 6 drum sticks
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil / cooking oil for frying
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tsp grated root ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut flakes
- 200 ml chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of coarsely chopped coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil / cooking oil
- Mix together the chicken wings and the marinade, leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Brown the chicken wings and potato pieces in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until brown on all sides. Remove chicken wings and potato pieces, add 2 tbsp oil into the same pan and gently sweat the onion, ginger, garlic and shallot for 1 minute.
- Tip curry powder, turmeric, desiccated coconut flakes and coconut cream into frying pan, mix well. Put chicken wings and potato back to the pan, top up with chicken stock. Turn to low heat, lid on and leave it to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season and serve with steam rice, sprinkle chopped coriander on top.