Smoked mackerel taco's
Member recipe by elsbeth
A light and fresh lunch dish with smokey fish, red pepper, tomato and coriander.
- 4 small flour or corn tortilla's
- 1 big fillet of smoked mackerel
- Sour cream or cream cheese
- Mexican seasoning mix (or some salt and chilli powder)
- For the salsa
- 1 red pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes (or 2 normal tomatoes)
- A few slices of pickled jalapeno chilli (optional), chopped
- A small handfull of coriander leaves
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Make the salsa. Chop the pepper and tomatoes in small cubes and mix with the jalapeno chilli, the chopped coriander and dress with the lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Set aside. Divide the mackerel into flakes.
- Put a heavy frying pan on a medium heat and put the tortilla's in, one at a time. Heat on one side till crispy and brown, but keep the other side soft.
- Assemble the taco's: spread a little sour cream on the soft side of each tortilla. Sprinkle with a little Mexican seasoning and add a few flakes of mackerel. Top with the salsa and serve immediately.