One Pot Spicy Rice
Member recipe by caaaath
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water (roughly)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (chilli powder)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 or 2 red chillis
- a handful of peas
- Chop the onion, green pepper and chilli. In a large, deep frying pan or wok, fry these ingredients for a few minutes until they soften.
- Add the rice into the pan, followed by the water. Stir the rice, making sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- You may want to add the water in bit by bit as it gets absorbed. This will make sure you don't use too much water and get soggy rice.
- Stir in the turmeric, chilli powder and garam masala (if using). Bring the rice to the boil and add the peas.
- Simmer until the rice has absorbed the water and serve.