Pasta, Chicken & a Cream Sauce
Member recipe by Elloisa
Pasta with chicken in an onion and cream suace is simple and quick pasta full of rich flavours, brilliant for side dishes and main meals!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 125ml water
- 175ml milk
- 300ml double cream
- 6 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 35g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 450g dried fettuccine
- fresh leaf parsley, chapped to garnish
- salt and pepper to season
- Using a heavey based frying pan, heat the oil and the butter and add the garlic to a low heat. After a minute add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until the juices are no longer pink.
- When ready, remove the chicken breast from the pan and slice diagonally into thin strips and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the onions to the used pan and cook gently for 5 mintues until they become soft.
- Crumble the bouillon cube over the top and add the water. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Once the liquid has reduced stir in the cream, milk, Parmesan and spring onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Boil once again then leave to simmer for around 10 minutes until the sauce has thickend.
- While the sauce is thickening boil a pan of lightly salted water with a little olive oil. Add the fettuccine and cook for 5 minutes till tender yet still firm or to the guidlines on the packet. Drain and transfer to a warmed bowl. Layer the chicken slices over the top and once the sauce is ready pour over the top of the chicken. Garnish with parsely and serve.