Tunnel of Fudge Cake
Member recipe by chloemalcolmson
- You'll Need:
- A 10 inch tube pan (a normal Bundt tin)
- For The Cake:
- 6 large eggs
- 402g Unsalted Butter at room Temp
- 402g Caster Sugar
- 460g Icing Sugar
- 172g Unsweetened Cocoa
- 300g Chopped Walnuts
- For The Glaze:
- 170g Icing Sugar
- 60g Unsweetened Cocoa
- 4 to 6 tps milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, 350 degrees F. Prepare the pan by buttering lightly.
- Cream the butter (make sure the butter is very soft) on a medium speed and gradually add the caster suagr (NOT the icing sugar) beating until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add the icing sugar, beating to blend well
- Grab a wooden spoon, and by hand stir in the flour and cocoa until well blended, and then add the walnuts.
- Pour the batter in the prepared tin, spreading evenly with a spatula. Put in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is set and the edges are beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan. (Bare in mind, the cake has a gooey centre, so the skewer method will not work)
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 1 hour and 30 mins. This may seem alot but it is needed. The cake is not particularly strong, so flip it out directly onto the plate and cool for 2 hours
- For the Glaze: While you're waiting for the cake to cool, mix the icing sugar, cocoa and 4 tps of milk. Beat with a mixer until the mixture has a smooth texture. Add more milk to get the consistency for drizzling. When the righ consistency is reaching, drizzling over the coole cake.