Cheesy Sauce with pasta
Member recipe by xlivyx
- Cheese Sauce:
- 1-2 tsp of corn flour / plain white flour and butter
- 1/2 tsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of homemade pesto
- a good glug of milk
- a biggish hunk of cheddar cheese
- 6-10 twists of black pepper
- Homemade Pesto:
- lots of fresh basil
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
- garlic granules
- Make your pesto by putting all the ingrediants in to a food prossesor until blitzed into a paste, don't add to much olive oil otherwise the mixture will be too runny and oily and will make the sauce too fatty. Put the pesto into the fridge to make sure that the flavours infuse. Now put yor pasta on to boil
- Put your flour and butter into a small saucepan (Use a small hand whisk throughout the making the sauce to make it smooth) and let it turn into a yellow paste but DON'T let the paste burn.
- Then add a small amount of milk and stir, then a bit of grated cheese, add small amounts of things so that the sauce does not go lumpy.
- Keep stirring the pasta so that it doesnt stick to the bottom of the pan and add your pesto and black pepper to the sauce and keep stirring frequently so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Drain the pasta and put it back into its pan which it was cooking in, stir in the cheese sauce and serve.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with garlic bread