easy peasy Rhubarb souffle
Member recipe by emily12345
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Cakes
A yummy treat to be eaten all year round. family will love it friends will love it, everyone will love it!
- For the rhubarb:
- 300 grams of pink rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons of honey or golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- for the creme patissiere:
- 100ml of double cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 50 grams of self raising flour
- 1oo grams of caster suger
- 150ml of milk
- for the chocolate sauce:
- 250grams of white chocolate
- 100ml of double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180ÃÂC/Gas 5
- Wash and chop the rhubarb into small pieces. Tip into a wide pan along with the golden syrup and cinnamon Stir over gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved, then cook over a high heat for about 3-5 minutes until the rhubarb has softened. Transfer to a food processor and whiz until you get a smooth puree. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- To make the crÃÂ¨me patissiÃÂ¨re, heat the milk and cream in a heavy-based pan with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Meanwhile, sift the flour and cornflour together. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with half of the remaining sugar, then gradually beat in the flour.
- When the milk and cream begin to scald, remove from the heat and pour into the hot liquid over the egg mixture, whisking thoroughly as you do so. Transfer the mixture back into the pan and stir over gentle heat for about 3-5 minutes until it is smooth. Transfer the crÃÂ¨me patissiÃÂ¨re to a bowl and leave to cool, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin from forming on the surface.
- Mix the rhubarb paste into the crÃÂ¨me patissiÃÂ¨re.whisk until the form stiff peaks.Gradually whisk in the rest of the sugar until you have a glossy meringue. Fold this into the rhubarb mixture. Quickly divide the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Place the dishes on a baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden on top. (Do not be tempted to open the oven door halfway through or the soufflÃÂ©s may collapse).
- to make the sauce melt the chocolate in a microwave or alternativley place in a heatprove bowl of a pan of boiling water until melted.When the chocolate is melted add the creme and mix together. you can either serve the sauce over your souffles or make a hole in your cake with the end of a knive and pour in.