Member recipe by coopersned
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Pepper, sliced (from a jar is fine)
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 1 tsp paprika (smoked is good)
- 2 Skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 100g Chorizo, chopped or sliced
- 1 tsp chilli paste (ajust to taste)
- 225ml Long grain rice
- 450ml Vegetable stock
- Couple of drops of tabasco
- In a deep lidded non-stick pan/wok fry the onion and pepper until coloured to your liking - remove and set aside
- Mix the flour and paprika and then dust the diced chicken with the mix. Fry the chicken in the same pan for about 5 minutes until coloured all over - remove and set aside.
- Fry the chorizo and chilli together until the chorizo starts to release it's oils.
- Stir in the rice so that it is coated in the oils. Return the onions, pepper and chicken to the pan and then pour over the stock and give everything a good stir.
- Bring to the boil then cover and gently simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked (avoid stiring if possible).
- Serve with a dollop or creme fraiche.