Member recipe by neddylock
- 1lb Extra Lean Beef Mince
- 1 Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Carrots - chopped
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Tin Mixed Beans in Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp easy red chilies
- 1lb Old Potatoes - Peeled and chopped
- A little butter and milk
- 4oz strong cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan Chop the onion and carrot.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan, add the onion and garlic and fry until translucent.
- Add the mince and fry until brown
- Add the carrots, tomatoes, tomato puree, mix together and bring to the boil.
- Add the mixed Beans, turn the heat down and simmer
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the potatoes and cook for 20-25mins or until soft.
- Drain Potatoes. Grate Cheese.
- Add Butter and Milk and mash them, then beat in 3/4 of the cheese until smooth.
- Pour the mince mixture into an oven proof casserole dish. Put the lid of the casserole dish upside down on top of the dish. Put the mashed potato onto the lid and fluff-up with a fork. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and pop in the oven for approx 30-45mins.