Chorizo and mozzarella bakes
Member recipe by faiweelolli
- 1 block of ready to roll puff pastry
- 70g of chorizo
- 1/2 a medium red onion
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- 4 potatoes
- Olive oil
- Chili powder/flakes
- Balsamic vingegar
- Begin to boil your potatoes for the wedges - don't boil them until they're too soft - boil for 10-15 mins.
- Whilst the potatoes are boiling, thinly slice some red onion and gently fry them in a splash of balsamic vinegar. Whilst the onions are gently frying, cut the block of puff pastry in two and roll each one out into a rectangle on some flour to avoid sticking. Place the pastry on a baking tray. Slice the ball of mozzarella. Slice the chorizo but not too thinly.
- Turn the oven onto approx 200C (check the puff pastry pack to be sure). Drain the potatoes and cut into wedges, then toss them into some olive oil and a little chili powder/flakes. Place them on a baking tray and put them in the oven. They'll take around 20-25 minutes.
- Layer the mozzarella, chorizo and red onion on half of each of the puff pastry rectangles, then place a little more mozzerella on top before folding the remaining half of the puff pastry on top and securing the sides.
- Place the baking tray in the oven for around 15-20 minutes on the temperature stated on the puff pastry packet. Add a side salad if desired and enjoy!