Cabbage soup portuguese style
Member recipe by alessandra75
Warm yourself, from the inside out, with this cabbage and chorizo hot soup!
- 450g of savoy cabbage, sliced
- 500g of potatoes, diced
- 380g of vegetable stock
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 piece of spicy chorizo, sliced
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat some oil in a heavy-base pan. Add the onion and the garlic and cook until they begin to soften and turn light golden.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, then add the stock. Bring to the boil and cook covered for 15 minutes or until tender. Mash the potatoes.
- Add the sliced cabbage and cook for further 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the chorizo until crispy.
- Pour the "caldo verde" (green soup) into individual cups and scatter over the top some chorizo crispy slices.