home made coconut rotti
Member recipe by stelladias77
- 400 grams flour, all-purpose
- 250 grams dessicated coconut
- 1 tablespoon chili small slices
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 x black pepper freshly ground to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon curry leaves or chopped coriander leaves, optional
- Combine the all ingredients, mix well, and add enough water to make a soft dough (not stick).
- Let the dough rest in the bowl 15 minutes.
- Shape it in to ball about 2 inches in diameter.
- Then flatten each ball om a greased plate, thick as desired.
- Cook in a frying pan very lightly greased with oil keep turning on both sides until rotti is cooked(light brown).
- Serve hot with fish or chicken curry, banana or your favorite.