Sasha's dark chocolate mousse
Member recipe by sashaarmour
For those who love their dark chocolate, a not-so-sweet light chocolate mousse
- 200g Tesco Finest Swiss Plain Chocolate (72%)
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 40g caster sugar
- 120ml warm water
- 1tbsp rum
- single cream to serve
- Break up the chocolate and place in a large glass bowl over a pan of simmering water with the warm water. Let it melt for about 6mins until smooth and glossy.
- Let the chocolate cool for a couple of minutes before adding the egg yolks and rum, then mix well.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites to a soft peak stage. Add the sugar about a third at a time, whisking until it becomes thick and glossy.
- Using a large spoon, take a scoopful of the egg whites and fold very carefully into the chocolate mixture. Make sure not to beat the mixture, but patiently fold the egg whites in until it is all mixed together.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins and place in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours. Serve with some single cream.