Bread crostini and pancetta
Member recipe by alessandra75
Littles bread's crostini with a crispy touch and a velvety taste. A great and fast recipe for appetizers and snacks.
- 1 long French loaf (in italian "filoncino")
- 100 g of Italian pancetta (or unsmoked bacon)
- some fresh thyme
- 3-4 tbsp of pinenuts
- 3-4 tbsp of olive oil
- ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C/gas 4, cut the loaf in thin slices (about 1-2 cm thick) and toast them in the oven for some minutes.
- Toast the pinenuts in a pan, without any fat, until light brown.
- Cover the "filoncino" slices with some pancetta, decorate with a few toasted pinenuts and some leaves of fresh thyme. Sprinkle with extra-virgin olive oil and a bit of ground white pepper. Serve already made.