Black Forest Muffins
Member recipe by zetallgerman
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
A quick, pretty and deliciously moist treat for afternoon tea... and so much easier than making an entire fancy "gateau"!
- 160g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 120g icing sugar
- 3 eggs, preferably free-range
- 100g plain flour
- 50g cornflour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 425g can pitted black cherries (frozen cherries are also fine)
- 300ml whipped cream
- 4 tbsp Kirsch Schnapps
- 50g dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C. (If using, thaw the frozen cherries). Line a 12- hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Using an electric mixer beat butter and sugar until the mixture looks pale and creamy.
- Add eggs - one at a time - beating well after each addition.
- Fold through combined sifted flours, cocoa and baking powder.
- Fold through the cherries (retain 12 for decorating) and spoon the dough into the paper cases.
- Bake for 20-25min until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the tin and cool on a rack.
- Once completely cooled, poke a few small holes in the top of each muffin and drizzle with the Kirsch. The decorate the tops with whipped cream, a cherry and shavings of dark chocolate.