Member recipe by honeymustard
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Pieces
Chocolate bars with dried fruit, cherries and nuts and covered in chocolate.
- 3 x 100g blocks of dark chocolate (I use a good one, over 70% cocoa solids).
- 113g butter.
- 113g of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa generously heaped.
- 1 large whole egg.
- 2 tablespoon Tia Maria.
- 226g digestive crushed biscuits.
- 113g dried fruit (mixed dried fruit if you like candid peel or just sultanas are good).
- 170g cherries (I like to leave them whole).
- 1 small packet of whole almonds (halved).
- Line 28 cm x 18 cm tin with foil (or smaller tin if you prefer a deeper bar).
- Break half the chocolate into small pieces and put on the foil and gently melt the chocolate in a very low oven (I use the simmering oven of my Aga). Alternatively melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of hot water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water (safest way) spread on foil and leave to set in fridge.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and sugar in a saucepan or a bowl in the microwave.
- Remove from heat and add beaten egg, cocoa and booze. If you do not like Tia Maria, try brandy, sherry or another liqueur.
- Add biscuits, nuts, cherries and dried fruit.
- Spread mixture over hardened chocolate and level with the back of spoon.
- Gently melt remaining chocolate (in bowl in microwave or over a pan of hot water as before) and spread on top of the mixture and level.
- Leave to go cold in the fridge then cut into fingers.
- Keeps beautifully! (If you can leave it alone!)