Sausage Lentil Stew
Member recipe by princessbana28
A nice meal to warm you up on a cold night, with the homeliness of good old fashioned pork sausages and the freshness of basil.
- -Tbsp of olive oil
- -1 large carrot
- -1 red onion
- -3 tbsp of red split lentils
- -80 grams of tricolore fusilli pasta
- -Tabasco sauce
- -Drop of malt vinegar
- -Tbsp of tomato puree
- -Tsp of paprika
- -Garlic clove, chopped
- -400 grams of can chopped tomatoes
- -250ml of chicken stock
- -4 tomato and basil pork sausages
- -Basil and parmesan for scattering
- 1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees, put sausages in centre of oven, cook for 20 minutes then turn, allow to cook for another 20 minutes.
- 2) In the meantime, heat olive oil in a pan. Fry the onions for 2 minutes until onions have softened. Add carrot and garlic and cook for 3 minutes more. Add the paprika and stir for 1 minute. Turn down to medium heat and add the can chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, chicken stock, malt vinegar and Tabasco. Quickly stir together, then add the lentils.
- 3) 10 minutes in, add the fusilli pasta and keep stirring mixture to prevent it sticking to the pan. Allow mixture to simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- 4) Once sausages have cooked, cut into slices and place in the lentil stew. Heat through and stir altogether. Once heated, serve with shredded basil and parmesan shavings.