Chicken with Chilli Lime Sauce
Member recipe by phillipa1
- Thai Chicken
- - 4 skinless chicken breasts
- - 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- - Spray oil
- Chilli Lime Sauce
- - 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- - 3 tbsp Bottlegreen Aromatic Sweet Lime Cordial
- - 1 large red chilli (depending on spiciness liked)
- - 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- - 2 tsp soy sauce
- - 1 tsp sesame oil
- - 1 tbsp shredded coriander leaves
- Place the chicken breasts between cling-film and beat out to an even thickness. On the skin side, using a sharp knife, lightly score a criss-cross. Place the chicken in a dish and pour soy sauce over the chicken. Turn to coat all over. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Put the fish sauce and Lime Cordial into a bowl. Remove the seeds from the chilli and chop finely. Add the chilli to the bowl and mix together with chopped spring onions, soy sauce and sesame oil. Just before serving, stir in the coriander.
- To cook the chicken, heat a griddle pan. When it is almost smoking hot, lift the chicken from the pan, drain the excess soy sauce, and then lightly spray the chicken with oil. Place the chicken in the pan to cook over a medium high heat for 3 minutes until it lifts easily from the pan and is marked from the griddle. Turn at an angle and cook another 2-3 minutes until marked.
- Turn the chicken breasts over and cook for 3-4 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken) until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and spoon over the sauce.
- Serve with some stir-fried vegetables and boiled rice.