home made milk rice- srilanka
Member recipe by stelladias77
- 500 grams rice, white
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk thick
- salt to taste
- Wash the rice, put in a medium saucepan and add water.
- Bring to the boil in medium heat, cover the saucepan, cooking until the rice is soft, 15-20 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and salt, stir well, and reduce heat to low, continue cooking in low heat for another 10 minutes, until the milk has been absorbed.
- coconut milk is absorbed, and the rice is very soft and creamy. By now rice milk is ready.
- Transfer the rice milk to a flat plate and fatten down with piece of butter paper.
- If you like any shape, you can use a cookie cutter, serve with fish, chicken curry, banana.