Chocolate Orange Brownies
Member recipe by 07browne
family favourite combining chocolate brownies with a zest of orange.
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour to chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350ÃÂ° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake).
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.