Chocolate Chip Cookie
Member recipe by pocoyo
These classic chocolate chip cookies have crisp edges and chewy middles
- 225g (8 oz) butter, softened
- 200g (7 oz) caster sugar
- 225g (8 oz) dark brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 dessertspoon vanilla essence
- 375g (13 oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 dessertspoon hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 350g (12 oz) dark chocolate chips
- 125g (4¼ oz) chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Cream together the butter, caster sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased baking trays.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges are nicely browned.