Member recipe by shaheena88
An authentic North Indian Dish but loved all over India You Can find It at every Street / Corner as a savory Food.. lip smacking with crisp "Bhatooras" ( Indian fried bread"
- Ingredients for Choley
- * 250 Grm White Chick Peas (Kabuli Chana-safed choley) (soaked overnight or at lest 8 to 10 hrs in warm water)
- * 1 Table Spoon Chana Daal (soaked
- * 1 Tea Bag
- * 1 Table Spoon Bhuna Zeera (Roasted and coarsely ground cumin seeds).
- * 1 T.Spoon turmeric powder .
- * 2 Table spoon Dhaniya powder (dry coriander seeds finely ground).
- * 2 T.Spoon degi mirch (very fine red chilly powder)
- * 1 big Table Spoon Full of (Imli ) tamarind pulp OR Anardana powder (pomegranate dry powder).
- * Puree of 3 medium tomatoes .
- * 2 Tablespoon oil ("i use- clarified butter = ghee")
- * 1 Heaped T.Spoon Garam masala powder
- * Salt To taste.
- Ingredients for Bhaturey
- 1. 1/2 cup of potatoes (boiled & grated)
- 2. 1/2 cup Dahi (beaten curd )
- 3. 1 cup of all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 4. 1 Table Spoon Suji (rawa)
- 5. salt (to taste)
- 6. 1 & 1/2 tsp. of Cooking oil
- 7. More Cooking oil (for deep frying)
- Directions Choley
- 1. Pressure cook the Chanadaal and Chana (Chick Peas) with the tea bag for 3 whistles until they are soft. Keep aside. Discard the tea bag. 2. Heat the oil in a pan. 3. Add red chilli powder, pomegranate powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt and saute' for another minute. 4. Add the tomatoes paste and saute for 2 minutes 5. Add Tamarind Pulp (if not added pomegranate powder in dry masala ) 6. Add the chick Peas and its remaining water and mix well. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. 7. Add Gram masala And set aside.
- 1.Combine the flour, Potato, 1½ teaspoons of oil , Dahi, Suji and salt and knead into a firm dough without using any water. 2.Knead the dough very well until it is smooth. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and give rest to the dough for 10 minutes. 3.Divide the dough into equal parts and roll out into circles of 125 mm. (5") diameter. 4.Deep fry in hot oil until the bhaturas puff up and both sides are golden brown. 5.Serve hot with the cholay, sliced Onion , chilly , lemon wedges & Green coriander
- HOW TO MAKE TAMARIND PULP.
- 1. Soak Imli (TAMARIND ) 1 small cup in warm water (desired quantity of water or 1 cup) for 2 /3 hours. 2. mash Imli in water with hand or help of a flat spoon thoroughly. 3. Sieve and drain the water and pulp with help of big net strainer. 4. use this thick water as you require or boil it till it gets thick -cool on room temperature and store in fridge for later use .
- For Garnishing The Choley
- 1 Large Onion (sliced) 4 lemon Wedges 2-3 Green chilly - finely chopped Fresh Green Coriander leaves - finely chopped
- for more recipes pls log on to http://kitchenadda.blogspot.com