American Pancakes with Syrup
Member recipe by markandsel
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Pancakes
Great for those of you with a sweet tooth but maybe not so great if you're watching your figure!
- 10oz Plain Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs, seperated
- 10fl oz Single Cream
- 5fl oz Milk
- 2oz Butter, melted
- Oil for frying
- To Serve:
- Thin slivers of Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 100 (LOW) Sieve the Flour, Salt and Baking Powder and Sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the Egg Yolks, Cream, Milk and melted Butter and mix until smooth.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the Egg Whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the Egg Whites into your batter
- Brush a non stick pan with a little oil a fry large spoonfulls of your batter (approx the size of a dricks coaster)
- When bubbles appear on the surface, flip them over. When cooked, pop onto a baking tray in your preheated oven to keep warm.
- When you are finished you can remove the pancakes from the oven and assemble them as follows.
- on a plate put layer the pancakes, followed by a sliver of butter and top with Maple Syrup. Stack them as high as you can handle ;)