Spiced bean burgers
Member recipe by sophie33
Spicy bean burgers with smoked picanté paprika & grated Gruyère cheese,....all vegetarrian!!!
- 1 can of black beans, well rinsed under cold water & well leaked
- 120 gr of brown beans, out of a can, well rinsed under cold water & well leaked
- 1 omega 3 egg, beaten loose
- 50 gr of old fashioned smaller oats ( no instant!!!)
- some sea salt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 1 level tablespoon of smoked Picanté paprika, Pimentón de la vera
- a good drizzle of EVOO, a fruity one & using the oil to fry the burgers
- 2 scallions, well washed & pad dry, cleaned & cut into rings
- 120 gr of grated Gruyère cheese
- a bit of flour, for your hands, to form the burgers
- To serve: * bread rolls or hamburger buns, sliced
- * ketchup
- * mayonaise
- * sliced tomatoes
- * your favourite lettuce leaves
- * Baked red onion wedges
- Take a foodprocessor & place all of ingredients, evenly divided in it. All of the beans, oats, scallions, beaten egg, smoked paprika, a bit of sea salt, a few grinds of black pepper & grated cheese in it. Add a drizzle of the EVOO. Blitz it all together for a few seconds. Blitz again if necessary. Then, take a chopping board & a clean plate.
- Flour your hands & make burgers of the mix. Reflour your hands agian & again. Don't make the burgers too big otherwise they could fall apart. I make smaller balls & flatten them out a bit so that you will have about 10 burgers of 5 cm x 4 cm, each 1 to 1.5 cm thick. You can make these hours in advance. This is also easier to do. Place clingfilm over the top & place into the fridge for a few hours, 2 at least.
- Just before eating, take the burgers out of the fridge. Remove the clingfilm. Take a large non stick pan & pour 1 thin layer of the fruity EVOO. Heat up on high. Be careful for the hot oil. When hot & sizzling, add the bean burgers. Fry on one side until the burgers are ready & brown on one side & carefully flip them over. Fry on this side for a few minutes. Adjust the heat if necessary.
- Serve on your favourite hamburger bun & your garnishes!! Keep the burgers warm. The cheese is a bit goowie & ...they are spiced up & kicking!