Crustless quiche Lorraine
Member recipe by lmcmozzie
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 125g bacon, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 300ml single cream
- 2 tbs fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tomators, sliced thinly
- Extra chives finely chopped for garnish
- Spray a shallow round ovenproof flan dish (aprox 25cm or 6-cup capacity) with oil. Pre-heat oven to 180C or moderate temperature.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and add the onions and bacon. Cook, stirring until the onions are soft and transparent. Remove the mixture from the pan and spread it over the base of the prepared flan dish.
- Place eggs, cream, chives and cheese in a large bowl and whisk until all ingredients are combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste and pour over the onion mixture in the flan dish. Arrange the tomato slices over the top.
- Bake 40mins or until it is just set and golden.
- Cool for 5mins before garnishing with extra chives and serve. Also good to serve cold.