Sweet potato and chicken curry
Member recipe by lucimakesfabcake
- 1tbsp of oil
- 1 onion
- 1 large (or 2 small) sweet potatoes
- 2tbsp curry paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 4tbsp water
- 50g of split red lentils
- a handful of fresh corriander
- sevre with rice or noodles
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Chop the onion finely and the chicken into bitesize chunks, then fr for 5 minutes over a medium-high heat until the chicken is pale.
- Chop the sweet potato into bitesize chunks. Add to the pan with the curry paste, water, coconut milk, and lentils. Stir well until combined.
- Bring to the boil, then place it on a fast simmer for roughly 20 minutes stirring regularly.
- Once cooked, it should be significantly reduced, into a paste like substance. Remove from the heat, and serve with rice and naan bread. When plated sprinkle with chopped corriander.
- This will keep well in the fridge for 24-48 hours in an air-tight container.