crispy potato skins
Member recipe by katiedorey
- 2 (about 150g each) baking potatoes
- olive oil
- FOR THE SALSA
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 small to medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- splash Tabasco sauce
- splash olive oil
- handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- FOR THE GUACAMOLE
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4tsp ground cumin
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 medium avocado, halved and stoned
- Oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Bake the potatoes for 45mins to 1hr.
- Meanwhile, mix all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl. Marinate for 1hr for a realyl strong flavour.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Carefully cut each one into 3 equal pieces, leaving about 5mm flesh in each one as you go (save the flesh for mash another day, or freeze it). Lay the skins on a baking tray and brush a little olive oil over them. Bake for 20mins or until crisp.
- Meanwhile make the guacamole. Put the garlic, chilli, spring onion and cumin into a bowl and season. Mix in lime juice well then add the avocado and mash with a fork until fairly smooth. Serve the guacamole and salsa with the potato skins
- Per serving: 335kcal, 18.9g fat, 3.8g sat fat, 7.5g protein, 36.5g carbs, 9.9g sugar, 0.1g salt