toffee crumble ice cream
Member recipe by katiedorey
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Bars
- 450g/1lb shortbread (plain and/or choc chip), crushed
- 100g/4oz butter melted
- 1.2-1.3 litres/2-2 1/4 pts good vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 2/3 of a 450g jar dulce de leche (or about 300ml/10floz thick toffee sauce)
- Line a 28 x 18cm baking tin with double foil, leaving some overhanging.
- Mix the crushed shortbread and butter, then tip just over half into the tin, smoothing it out. Freeze for about 15mins until firm.
- Spread the ice cream over the base, smoothing the top out. Freeze for about 30mins until set.
- Warm the dulce de leche or toffee sauce until just pourable (not hot!!) and slowly drizzle over the ice cream. Break up the remaining shortbread minxture with your fingers and sprinkle over as a crumble topping. Freeze again until firm, roughly 4-5hrs. Remove from tin using foil and cut into bars. (you can get 8 big bars or 16 small bars)