Indulgance Choc-chip Cookies
Member recipe by rebecca97
Is a chocolate indulgance, for the chocolate lover, the best cookie.
- 125g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
- 150g flour
- 30g cocoa, sieved
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125g soft butter
- 75g light brown sugar
- 50g white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, cold from the fridge
- 350g semi sweet chocolate morsels or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170oC/gas mark 3. Melt the 125g dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water
- put the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, and salt into a bowl
- cream the butter and sugars in another bowl, add the melted chocolate and mix together.
- beat the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients. finally stir in the chocolate morsels or chips
- scoop out 12 equal-sized-mounds- an ice cream scoop, and a palette knife are the best tools for the job- and place on a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. do not flatten them
- cook for 18 minutes, testing with a cake tester to make sure it comes out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter. if you pierce a chocolate chip ,try again.
- leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 4- 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool