Tricolore Platted Bread
Member recipe by aimeeshulton
- 250g Strong Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 sachet Dried Yeast
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 150 ml Warm Water
- 1 tsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Basil Pesto
- 25g Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt Flakes
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C.
- Put flour, salt, yeast, sunflower oil and warm water into a bowl and stir with a fork until all the ingredients are combined to form a dough.
- Place the dough onto a work surface and knead for 10 minutes until the dough looks shiny and feels smooth.
- Place the dough into a bowl and then cover the bowl with cling film. Leave in a warm place for 1 hour until it has doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces. Into one of the pieces add 1 tsp of tomato puree and knead until evenly spread. Using the same method add basil pesto to one of the pieces of dough and mozzarella cheese to the remaining piece of dough.
- Roll each piece into evenly sized and shaped strands.
- Attach the three strands together at one end so they are secure and plat them. Then secure together at the end of the plat.
- Place onto a baking sheet lined with backing parchment.
- Brush over the surface of the platted dough with olive oil and then sprinkle evenly with sea salt flakes.
- Place into preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Check to see if cooked by tapping the bottom. If it sounds hollow the bread is cooked.