Maya's Plaited Toffee Bread
Member recipe by mayab444
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Bread
This bread has a filling of toffee with white chocolate chips and a topping of honey glaze and pecans.
- 250g strong bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 sachet dried yeast
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150ml warm water
- 3-4 tbsp Toffee Fudge sauce
- 50g White chocolate chips
- 25g Pecans
- Tsp/Tbsp measurer
- Greaseproof paper
- Measuring jug
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Mix the flour, yeast, salt & oil in a bowl. Pour in the water and mix all together with a fork. If the dough is too dry or wet add flour or a bit more water.
- Pour the dough onto a clean surface and knead for about 10 minutes.
- Leave to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- When risen add in the white chocolate chips then start shaping the bread.
- To shape the bread separate it into two the roll them so you have 2 sausage shapes. Roll them out so they are flat and long length ways.
- Spread each one up with toffee sauce another to cover then roll up each one up at least 3 times.
- Seal the ends the connect the two at the top then plait or twist until you get to the end. Then turn it into a circle shape and seal them together so it resembles a bagel shape.
- Place grease proof paper on a tray and put the bread on it. Then place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool for about 5 minutes, then glaze with honey and sprinkle on the pecans. Serve.