Hot Cross Bun Apricot Pudding
Member recipe by phillipa1
A wonderful Easter alternative to the traditional bread and butter pudding. The sweet and spicy buns and apricots make a superb combination together with the creamy yogurt and milk.
- 4 hot cross buns
- 50g (2oz) Yeo Valley organic butter
- 125g (4.5oz) dried apricots, chopped
- 50g (2oz) soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 275ml (10floz) Yeo Valley Organic Wholemilk
- 200g (7oz) Yeo Valley Organic Greek Yogurt
- Preheat the oven 180C, gas mark 4. Slice the buns vertically into thick slices and butter one side of each slice.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with a little butter and arrange the bread slices on the base, overlapping slightly. Scatter over the apricots.
- Place the eggs, milk, yogurt and sugar in a bowl and whisk to mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture over the bread and apricots.
- Place the dish in a large roasting tin. Fill the tin half way up with boiling water. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the custard is just set. Remove from the oven. Serve with Yeo Valley Greek Yogurt or Yeo Valley Creme fraiche.