White Chocolate Cheesecake
Member recipe by gingerella
A beautifully, creamy and sweet white chocolate cheesecake that everyone will want another piece of!
- 300g philadelphia cream cheese
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 300ml double cream
- 2 x 300g white chocolate bar. You can use any type of chocolate and even use less
- 500g biscuits e.g. digestives
- Few knobs of butter
- Fruit for topping e.g. strawberries
- Crush the biscuits until completely ground. Add butter (either in food processor or gently heat on hob) until desired crumbly consistency.
- Add the biscuit mixture to a cake tin and pat till flat. TIP: Key is to use the right amount of butter to bind the biscuit together; too little, and it will be really crumbly; too much and it will become soft. Leave to set in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes.
- Begin melting the chocolate in a glass bowl over a a small pan of hot water on a low heat. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Mix the philadelphia and mascarpone cheese together with a whisk; hand or electric. Add double cream and whisk. Finally, add melted chocolate to the mixture and whisk. The mixture may seem slightly 'curdled' just continue whisking.
- Spoon the mixture over the cooled and set biscuit base. Return to the fridge to cool for as long as possible, until the topping is set. Finally decorate with fruit or other topping.