Thai Green Curry Soup
Member recipe by hannahk
Quick but super tasty, this is my reinvention of an amazing green curry I had at a market in Bangkok
- 1 onion, diced
- 1-2 tbsp green curry paste (amount according to level of heat required)
- approx 2cm lemongrass, bruised and finely chopped
- small piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp thai fish sauce
- 2 bulbs bok choi
- 1/2 pack mangetout or sugar snap peas
- 1 pack straight-to-wok noodles (prferably pad thai noodles)
- 100g frozen soya beans
- 100g tofu pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- vegetable oil
- coriander to garnish
- Soften the onions in the vegetable oil, and add the curry paste, fry off for approx 1 min
- Add the coconut milk, lemon grass and ginger, bring to the boil then turn down until simmering
- Add the vegetables to the broth, simmer for 5 mins until veg are cook but still retain a crunch.
- Whilst the veg are cooking fry the tofu in hot vegetable oil for approx 5 mins or until golden brown, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and toss the tofu in them until coated with the seeds.
- Just before serving stir the noodles in to broth and leave for a min to heat through.
- Distribute the veg and noodles evenly between bowls then tip over the broth, top off with the browned tofu and garnish with the coriander.