Sticky American Pancakes
Member recipe by dsteeple
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Pancakes
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 2tbsp Sugar
- 1 beaten Egg
- 150ml Cold Milk
- Carefully sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the sugar and mix together. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
- In a jug, lightly whisk the egg and milk together.
- Pour the egg and milk into the well and whisk until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Lightly grease a frying pan or griddle and preheat to a medium heat.
- Carefully drop 3 separate tablespoons of the mixture into the pan, keeping them well apart.
- When golden brown, flip them over and cook the other side too.
- If stacked between layers of kitchen paper, this will keep them warm and moist until the all others have been cooked.
- Serve with a little butter, jam or golden syrup. A scoop of ice-cream can also make it more special.