Prawn and Avocado Salad
Member recipe by anya19
- Large handful of your favourite salad leaves
- A few slices of cucumber cut into quarters
- 2 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 tsp pine nuts, slightly toasted
- 1/8 red onion, cut into slices
- 1/2 packet of cooked king prawns (shell on if you can)
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced longways then in half.
- 5 asparagus spears
- a few slices from a long, thin red pepper
- olive oil
- mayonnaise (Helman's tastes best)
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- soft boiled egg (optional)
- Place the salad leaves, cucumber, red onion and cherry tomatoes onto a plate or into a bowl.
- Brush a grill plate or a pan with olive oil and the asparagus spears and red pepper. Place onto the grill or pan and cook until slightly browned and cooked al dente. If you like at the same time boil a large egg for 7-8 minutes until softly boiled and leave to cool in cold water.
- When the asparagus and red pepper is done remove from the heat and 1/2 the asparagus spears and slice up the red pepper and arrange over the salad leaves along with the king prawns, avocado(sprinkled with lemon juice), pine nuts and an egg sliced into 6 if you are using.
- Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil, season to taste and serve immediately with a large dollop of mayonnaise mixed with a squeeze of lemon and seasoned with black pepper.