Slow baked tomatoes
Member recipe by paulaitchison
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Portions
A simple antipasti to throw through salads or chopped to intensify dishes
- 10 over-ripe tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- good spring of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 50ml olive oil
- ground black pepper
- wash the tomatoes and drain, cut in half and then each half into 3. cut out the white cores and place skin side down on a metal oven tray.
- mix the garlic, thyme, pepper and olive oil together and mix well. drizzle the mixture over the tomatoes evenly. place in a preheated oven at 50c for 4 to 6 hours or until dry and shrivelled.
- To store; keep in an air tight container or jar, topped up with olive oil.