Member recipe by food4satisfaction
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Jars
If you are a fond lover of lemon, this is your winner! I can guarentee you will never buy a supermarket brand ever again! Spread it on your toast...or even better, try it out for a cheesecake topping.
- 4 lemons, rind and juice (if you have a proper rinder, use it as it gives nice long strands of rind)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 110g/4oz butter, melted
- 450g/1lb sugar
- Microwave the butter - or alternatively if you have butter at room temperature already, this will be fine. This is only in view of speeding up the heating process, it doesnt affect the flavour if you chose to use cold butter!
- Put the sugar, rind, butter and beaten egg into a large basin on top of a pan of simmering water (high heat).
- Stir with a wooden spoon until thick (curd coats the back of spoon and liquid is clear). This will take approx. 30 mins.
- Pour into warm, sterile jars; seal & label.