Delicious Homemade Pizza
Member recipe by love-2-bake
- 250g strong white flour (bread flour)
- Pinch of salt
- Half of 7g satchet dried yeast
- Half tbsp sunflower/ vegetable oil
- Lukewarm water- amount dependable
- About 150g pizza or pasta sauce
- 100g grated cheese
- Any toppings you want!
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C or gas mark 6. Grease the pizza tray.
- Sift the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast and make a well in the middle.
- Add the oil and bit by bit mix in warm water until you have a soft dough in your hands.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 5-10 minutes. Place the dough in a bowl, cover it with cling film and leave it to prove for 15 minutes. THIS IS IMPORTANT!! YOU MUST LET THE DOUGH PROVE!!!
- Prepare your toppings (e.g: chop muhrooms) Once the dough has proved, roll it out into the shape of your pizza tray. Place the dough on you pizza tray.
- Spread your sauce onto the base, put your toppings on (do not pile toppings on top of each other) and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts and is golden brown. Remove the pizza, turn off the oven and leave the pizza to cool a bit.