Member recipe by flashmk1
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Pancakes
- 135g plain flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 130ml milk
- 1 large egg slightly beaten (or 2 medium)
- 6 knobs of butter (2x1cm)
- 10ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl. Put to one side.
- In a jug measure 130ml of milk and add the whisked egg and olive oil. Mix together for a few seconds.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk mixture and whisk together until all lumps have been removed. Leave to stand for a minute. Place mixture into a jug.
- Heat a non stick frying pan on a medium heat with a knob of butter. Once the butter has melted add a 10cm dollop of the mix into the pan. Once bubbles start to appear on the top of the pancake flip and cook the other side. Repeat this until mixture is finished.
- Serve with crispy smoked or unsmoked back bacon with maple syrup.